Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Delegate Bell to not back anyone previous to Augusta Mass Meeting

I had a great conversation with Delegate Bell this morning where he made it clear to me that he was not supporting any candidate for the Republican nomination for Augusta County Treasurer previous to the Augusta County Republican mass meeting.  The Delegate told me that he only wore the Homes sticker in the Staunton 4th of July parade because he was unaware that I was seeking the nomination as well and further stated that his wearing of the sticker shouldn't be construed as support.
  The Delegate told me that support previous to the mass meeting would go against the sanctity and fairness that the mass meeting system represents.  I told him that he was free to support whoever he wanted to, but wanted him to be aware that I was also seeking the nomination.  Delegate Bell told me that he thought it was great that I had decided to run for the nomination and that he would hold any further support for whoever wins the mass meeting.  I look forward to working with Delegate Bell in the future on many issues and applaud what he has done for the citizens of his district.

I ask that all those who are sick and tired of business as usual in Verona to please come out on July 28th at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona to support Jason Bibeau for the Republican nomination for Augusta Treasurer.

Good Old Boys, Don't Tread On Me!