Saturday, August 9, 2008

A better plan for my family

Would you like to save money or spend none at all on your taxes, DMV costs, medical expenses, and college tuition, just to name a few? Well you can have all of these things by simply becoming an illegal alien. OK not really. There is no way to get these things for free (legally at least), but Mr. Donald Ruppert of Burlington, IA actually sent the following letter to Senator Tom Harkin about this very issue.

"The Honorable Tom Harkin
731 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC , 20510
Phone (202) 224 3254

Dear Senator Harkin,

As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you. My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S.Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill's provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there anyway that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005. Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as "in-state" tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car. If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for you r assistance.

Your Loyal Constituent,
Donald Ruppert
Burlington, IA

Get your Forms (NOW)!!
Call your Internal Revenue Service 1-800-289-1040"

Now this is funny stuff, but does make you think about the realities of illegal immigration and what it actually cost those of us who pay our taxes, DMV expenses, medical bills, and everything else that many legal Americans pay everyday.

Thought Provoking Isn't It.